Friday, June 19, 2009

Its all about the setting


I got to thinking about parents who work full time and leave their kids with nannies, or in day care, or with sitters. I have never wanted to be one of those career women who leaves my kid to be raised by someone else during the day, and me at night. Now, granted for some people there's not an option whether they want to or not they have to work, they go to provide for these precious little creatures we call children. There are some who do have the choice, and choose work, not there's anything wrong with that, I just think differently.

I realized it's the little moments in my life that have made me feel this way, it's the unexpected kiss from the little guy, or the from the back hug that you didn't see coming (that doesn't turn into a hair pull). It's the unexpected new tricks that he learns, that make me swell with pride. Let's not lie, its putting him down for a nap and having a couple hours to shower, clean, or waste time blogging about things people don't even read. But I decided some of the best things that happens is the dialogue throughout the day, stuff you'd never say or hear if you were at an actual office, and I'll share some of these with you today, right now,;

"Why do you think you need to sit on some one's head just because they lay down? No one likes that."

Me: "I think it's your turn to pull me in the wagon, I'm tired."
Nearly 2: "Okay," gives great effort, grunts and all, then falls on the grass, keeps trying, "Mommy, heavy."
My self esteem plummets, I laugh anyway.

"Where's your helmet?"

Me: "What are we going to have for lunch?"
Nearly 2: "Poppers!"
Me: "No."

Nearly 2:"Mom, bum hurt."
Me: "Your bum hurts?"
Nearly 2: "Yeah"
Me: "What should we do about that?"
Nearly 2: "Bum cream."

"Do you need to go potty?"

Nearly 2: "Vroom, vroom, gurgle, vroom. Beep beep."

Me:"Why are you pulling my hair? That's hurts mommy."
Nearly 2: "Be nice," He says as he turns to petting my head.

Nearly 2: "Cuse me" (Excuse me)
Me: "I'm not moving so that you can eat toothpaste."
Nearly 2: "Cuse me"
Me:"You are using very good manners, still we don't eat toothpaste."


I picture these things being said in an actual office, and just have to laugh.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone reads these don't they? And it just gets better like how does the Dr. help you get the baby out? (5yr old) (me) she just does, (5 yr old) but how?
    So I tenderly explain it and he says "you poop them out? HEHEhehe not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post put a HUGE smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete