Saturday, February 7, 2009

Things that amuse me.

So I was looking at a picture book my mom pulled out to show me how much my child looks like one of my brothers, (the truth is that in one picture he does, but I don't see any striking similarities in others.) I think he just looks like him. Anyway, this book was chalked full of pictures of me from childhood, and to be honest I was kind of nerdy. I know this comes as a shock, even to me as I say it. I just look at myself in these pictures and realize I'll probably always be this way. One step behind in fashion, never wanting to take any real risks. Always playing it safe, and maybe I come off as boring and plain, but it doesn't bother me. I look at my older sister and think she's always been cute, fashion-like (as much as we could afford anyway), her hair was always up with the styles, and I just am like this nerdy, loud, tall girl. I was never shy or smart. . . just nerdy. Which seems contradictory, but that was me. I should scan a pic in to prove my point. I'll see what I can come up with.


There are many moments in motherhood that are quite laughable, I was driving the other day in front of a car that didn't appreciate the fact that I was going the speed limit. Who chose to follow me so close, which I didn't appreciate. So I was like, dude back off, you're so annoying. Finally the car backed off and eventually turned and I was like "Thank you dip . . .. ," in my not so sweet voice, and my child in the back seat in his sweet little voice chimes in "Tha..nk ....you." I just started laughing.

The other day nannying, the two brothers I watch were fighting over something, my child comes over to where I was standing away from them, throws his hands in the air, shakes his head, and breathes a sigh of what seemed like "We just can't win with these two." At least someone understands how I feel.

So work is finally at a point that I feel happy about who I work with again,there was a while there that it was a little rough, with the anal folk parading about, taking their job way more seriously than my job or theirs required. I realize we need these type of people in the world, but do I really have to work with them? Please Jesus, no. Its hard to describe the funny things at work, because when I write them down, few will get them, and they may not seem funny, but to me these small funny moments make my job much better than if my moments at work were spent with Anal _____, or Captain ______, or even Skanky ______. Anyway you get the idea.

I'll leave it at this, in the past month or so the following has occurred:

--2 tiny bags of sun chips for 90 passengers, that should do.

--"Are you hitting on her?" "No that's my niece. Thanks."

--"I actually own my own business, and do really well, I'm quite well off, however I work here full time, for the flight benefits." Crazy random liar guy. Inner laughter, ME.

--I just played cards for four and a half hours straight, and they're paying me for it. Also me.

--"So let me get this straight you're not going to go to San Fransisco, because you don't have coffee? You're going to cancel the flight over this? Me
"The passengers need coffee, they will not want to go without it." Flight Attendant, with her head in the clouds.
"So you think passengers would be more angry about not having coffee, then about not going to San Fransisco?" Me laughing outwardly.

-- " I can't come to work next Friday, tan legs is going to yell at me for not staying to listen to his meeting" Me
"Just tell him you unexpectedly started your period, and had to leave, go into details." Kyra
"Brilliant." ME

--The great soda spill of 2009, this occurred one cold January night, when the unnamed spilled 80 cans of soda every which way, soda gushed and sprayed, and shouted at the aluminum cans which held it hostage for so long.
Me laughing uncontrollably outwardly. Since then many more spills have occurred, the culprit will remain unnamed, me still laughing outwardly.

And now for the list, (of things that I find humorous and or amusing, or confusing):
-Cheesy wedding songs, for so many different reasons.
-The Office, so many one-liners, sometimes I zone out and think of these lines in my head, and find myself with one of those glazed over smiles and life is good again. Thank you Office.
-The thought of telling 4 year olds what I really think, but not actually doing it.
-Fighting fights you'll never win.
-The name Bernard
-Books, namely those that I read and wonder how on earth these people found someone to publish such bullshit
-Girls who try too hard.
-The line in the movie "Just Friends" where she yells across the bar, "No, I'M BUSY!! STUPID DICK!!!!"


-Guys who think they're hot because they spend hours a day in the gym, an go lay in a tanning bed for several hours after.
-Thinking about the time I had to walk 3 miles home from the bar in the pouring rain, and the offer that was placed before me on the way home, to make out in the cemetery. Don't worry I said no thank you.



-The music video days, this was before American Idol
- The fact that American Idol is so hugely successful
-The song Chris Farley sings in "Tommy Boy" Fat Guy in a little coat. I feel like that everyday of my life buddy.
-Will Ferrell as a Cheerleader on SNL. No wait I didn't find this amusing, I was just jealous I was never in that skit, other than in my heart.
-The time my other BFF sang to me in Spanish while in Washington DC
-When Kristi and I locked the freshmen in their room and Becky was pissed, ha ha.
-The time I told a Vietnam vet my nom joke, not knowing he was a Vietnam vet.
-"Sex and the City" not the movie, just the t.v show.
-The time I told the parents of my class I was not a Nazi, I was teaching at the Jewish Community Center.
-The line in the Hills, where Spencer tells Heidi, he's actually glad she got her job back so she could be done moping around their house all day, he's really sensitive.
-The time I told my youngest brother he was adopted and he believed me, and started to cry, because he wanted his real mom and dad.
-Telling someone to wrap it up when they're in the middle of a never ending story, and they look at you baffled.

Speaking of never ending stories I'll wrap this up...

No comments:

Post a Comment