Friday, April 3, 2009

Social Experiment

On a recent trip to Orange County I witnessed a woman in her forties (couldn't have been younger) wearing a skirt the length of my hand, (no longer) her forty year old ass was on display for everyone to see. EWWW.... She was with a man in his 60's (no lie here), who she was rubbing up on, and hanging all over. It was quite the display. Her skirt was poofy at the bottom, and her bottom was out of her skirt. The shirt she wore left little to the imagination, it was a halter top with some emblem in between her bosom to bring attention to the area. What? You need more attention lady?

I, myself am not much of a dress wearing woman. I like my jeans. I like them tight, butt hugging, thigh engulfing, low riding jeans. This episode in Orange county has not made me decide to wear skanky skirts, but seeing this public cry for attention has made me realize that wearing skirts/dresses can be inconvenient, uncomfortable, and not always my first outfit choice. So, I have decided to see if wearing a dress or skirt EVERYDAY can work for me. Clearly this is nothing life altering, but it does give me a new way to look at my closet. I gives me a reason to be girly, and it allows my legs the freedom to breathe.

Here are the rules:
1. I must get dressed before noon, (except for today)
2. I can wear leggings
3. I don't have to wear skanky skirts unless I choose to, in which case anyone reading this is forbidden to judge me, it is a social experiment after all.
4. If I get sick of the skirts and dresses in my closet I can go buy a new one as long as it is on sale.
5. I have to do this for two weeks straight except for when I go to work. k?
6. I can wear the same dress or skirt twice, just not two days in a row, b/c that just looks as if I have given up on life
7. The experiment started yesterday I am just a day behind telling this place about it.



At the end of the two weeks I hope to have made an impact on the world around me, as well as on myself. It's social experiments such as this one that allow others to open their eyes to the things in the world that are crying out for attention. Dress on everyone, dress on.

This was from day one of the experiment, which has yet to be named. For those of you who study this picture closely, yes I am wearing slippers. The rules said nothing about heels. Thank you.

2 comments: